30 January 2012

Lesson Un-Learned: Procrastination

Photo Credit


When you see filled up seats in the Library, computer lab, and cafeteria, you'd know its midterms week. 

It's one of those times when I start studying 3-4 day ahead.
Attempting to study about 1 chapter per day.
Writing down all the concepts from the book while I recite it out loud in my bedroom.
(Part of the reason why I wasn't able to study in Library, with the exception of math-related exams) 
Eventually when the night before the exam comes, crammed 5 chapters' worth of terminology & concepts. 
After midnight, I eventually give up and climb into my comfy bed for a good night's sleep. 

This treacherous cycle happens over and over again. 

Just to make sure, typing "study tips" on google search engine pops up numerous websites that provides similar advice. The part of me that goes "I knew that since I was in high school!" when I read through them, one by one. By the time I have finished a midterm in class, I'd be like "gosh, I wish I had done blah blah blah..." Regretting too late. 

Does it happen to all students, of all ages? Do you have this cycle as well?