17 January 2012

NY resolutions, SMART this year!

Photo credit: Training Journal

SMART is a marketing term that stands for:


S-pecific
M-easurable
A-ttainable
R-ealistic
T-ime realistic/specific


I never think thoroughly about making goals every year. In fact, I make short-term goals as a form of motivation to get me "through" challenging times. On my last week's business club meeting, our chairman asked each one of us our goals for the spring semester/2012. 


And?


I thought of goals that require little effort, and would be achieved within a short time. What's one of them, you might ask? Here's a list I've come up with so far:


1. Drop some pounds, weigh less than last year
2. My list of drinks to conquer: 
  • Margaritas (CHECK!) 
  • White Russians
  • Bushwackers
  • Rum Punch
  • Vodka Punch
  • Coconut Rum & Pineapple Juice
3. Achieve an acne-less skin (a little difficult..)
4. Finish all my core courses this year


I have been a "workoholic" for a long time. I am a competitive/ambitious person. When I put my heart into something I have faith in, I won't give up until I've accomplished it. Which brings me a lot of stress and expectations for myself. Its time for change, rather than putting my health at risk.


So if I can't achieve them all, then I might GET A LIFE.  
Goals are meant for motivation, and if it stops you from moving on then its not doing you any good.